capitalize on your potential
INTERN IN DC THIS SPRING
Deadline Extended to November 11
Does the upcoming election have you wishing you could be in DC this spring? Imagine spending your spring semester as an intern with an organization that provides substantive professional experiences. While other interns are fetching coffee, you'll be rolling up your sleeves and gaining practical experience.
Now, imagine spending your free time strolling by the White House, visiting the National Zoo, or watching a Presidential motorcade - activities you won't have back home or on your own college campus.
With the Washington Internship Institute, you don't have to image these experiences - you'll live them.
We are currently accepting applications for Spring Semester 2017 through November 11.
- Intern four days a week at a government agency, nonprofit organization, or for-profit company we help you find.
- On the other day of the week, take two classes with us that connect your professional experience to your academic career: a policy course that takes advantage of the experts and organizations found only in DC, and a seminar that helps you make the most of your internship experience.
- Live in conveniently located apartments ready for you to move into.
- Experience life in DC through a variety of activities.
- Earn credit from your school for the experience.
How to Apply
Motivated and well-rounded college students, recent college graduates, and graduate students who demonstrate leadership ability, strong academic performance, and professional or volunteer experience should apply for our internship program.
Our application is completely online, easy to complete, processed quickly, and staff members are available to assist you at every stage of the admissions process. Applicants will submit the following items:
- Online Application
- Unofficial Transcript
- Application Fee
For more information on how to apply, click here.
Deadlines and Program Dates
Application Deadline: November 8, 2016 (Extended to November 11)
Program Dates: January 11 - April 28
Scholarships and Costs
The Washington Internship Institute offers an affordable internship program in DC. For students who need financial assistance, the Washington Internship Institute offers need-based scholarships. We also offer scholarships to members of many honor societies. Talk with our staff and your college or university to find out how to make your internship financially possible. For more information, visit our scholarships page.
If you attend a Washington Internship Institute partner school, your tuition and housing fees may vary from the figures below, so contact your adviser on campus for more information.
Spring Semester 2017 Fees
- Tuition: $6400*
- Housing: $4800
- Refundable Housing Deposit: $100
- Application Fee: $50
*You will need to submit a non-refundable $500 deposit upon acceptance to the program. The $500 deposit will be applied to your balance.