capitalize on your potential
INTERN IN DC THIS SUMMER
The Washington Internship Institute assists international students in applying for J-1 exchange visitor visas in order to participate in our academic internship program in Washington, DC. If you attend a college or university in the U.S., you should complete our regular application process, regardless of your citizenship. If you have any questions about which application process you should complete, please contact us at (202) 833-8580 or email@example.com.
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2018 from international students through December 15, 2017.
Please review our information for international students before starting your application.
Scholarships and Costs
The Washington Internship Institute offers an affordable internship program in DC. For students who need financial assistance, the Washington Internship Institute offers need-based scholarships. We also offer scholarships to members of many honor societies. Talk with our staff and your college or university to find out how to make your internship financially possible. For more information, visit our scholarships page.
If you attend a Washington Internship Institute partner school, your tuition and housing fees may vary from the figures below, so contact your adviser on campus for more information.
Important: Financial Aid from your institution will not normally be available in the summer.
- Tuition: $4920*
- Housing: $3925
- Refundable Housing Deposit: $100
- Application Fee: $50
*You will need to submit a non-refundable $500 deposit upon acceptance to the program. The $500 deposit will be applied to your balance.
- Individual attention from Washington Internship Institute staff to ensure an internship placement that meets your specified interests
- Internship Seminar and Core Course
- Personal advising and internship support from Washington Internship Institute staff
- Intern four days a week at a government agency, nonprofit organization, or for-profit company we help you find.
- On the other day of the week, take two classes with us that connect your professional experience to your academic career: a policy course that takes advantage of the experts and organizations found only in DC, and a seminar that helps you make the most of your internship experience.
- Live in conveniently located apartments ready for you to move into.
- Experience life in DC through a variety of activities.
- Earn credit from your school for the experience, depending on arrangements made with your school.
How to Apply
Motivated and well-rounded college students, recent college graduates, and graduate students who demonstrate leadership ability, strong academic performance, and professional or volunteer experience should apply for our internship program.
Before completing our application, discuss your plans with your academic adviser and financial aid office at your school to determine what credits and financial aid might be available to you during your summer with the Washington Internship Institute. Also, review the application information for international students.
Our application is completely online, easy to complete, processed quickly, and staff members are available to assist you at every stage of the admissions process. Applicants will submit the following items:
- Online Application
- Unofficial Transcript
- Application Fee
For more information on how to apply, click here.
Deadlines and Program Dates
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
- Program Dates: May 24-August 4, 2018